Today was a big day. I feel at peace with where God is leading me. Not only was it my final day of winter quarter at Northeastern University, but this quarter is my final quarter of my Master of Science degree in Applied Nutrition with a concentration of Nutrition & Fitness. Relief washed over me when I turned in my final paper last night. It hasn't quite hit me that I'm not longer a student. I've been a student since I was 4 (preschool) and I'm 57 days from 27! (I'm only counting down the days till my birthday because that is the last day that I'll be working here at Southside in Virginia, after work I'll be heading out to Ohio to visit Jecca and Dan and begin my 2nd cross contry road trip back home.) I'm looking forward to Monday: my first week day as a non-student since I was 4! Some of the girls at work and I are going out to the Phoenician for dinner after work to celebrate.
Another reason today was a big day: I accepted the appointment with the Presbyterian Church USA with for the position of Young Adult Volunteer in Tucson, Arizona. I'm very excited. I'll write more later when I'm not so congested and tired. Allergies here are back with a vengeance after the snow and cold winter. I'll try to keep everyone updated and I need to start working on raising support!
- run for life
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment