So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the WORD of Christ.

Romans 10:17

Monday, August 23, 2010

day one.

I just flew into Charlotte, NC from Knoxville, TN. Nathan dropped me off at the airport and as silly as it may sound, I was a little tearful that I wouldn't see him much for the next year even though we're trying to sneak in weekends here and there while I'm gone. It's strange to think we met only 6 months ago. I am constantly amazed at my life when I look back and see where God was at work carefully putting His hand out to orchestrate the small details of my life. Even when I fight or turn away, He's there. Who am I to have God pay attention to any part of my life much less the most minute details each day? It's astounding.

This airport is a lot bigger than I expected it to be considering Knoxville and Richmond airports are tiny. It took me 20 minutes to walk across the airport from terminal E to B since I was on a small express flight connecting me to a larger airport (here) and I needed to go to the main terminals to fly out to La Guardia.

I'm excited for what God has in store... He's always steered me in the right direction, even though I wanted things to turn out differently or prayed for things that would have been horrid for me had God allowed those things to happen. I hope for things still, but I pray that my will be aligned more with His. Whatever He has planned for me in my life, I know that it will be good and all things work for His glory.

This week for YAV, we have orientation to the program in Stony Point, New York. Our week will be filled with various sessions including lots of paper work for the year (probably tax papers, health insurance and the like), meals, prayer and preparing for our years as missionaries.

Next Monday, August 30, I'll make my way with 5 others to Tucson, Arizona to begin orientation there. I anticipate a year of growth and stretching... even though I have an abnormally large comfort zone compared to the average person, I know there will be things happening in my life that I will struggle with. I pray that God will help me through it all. I pray that He will keep my relationships strong back home and help to create new solid relationships with those I will be living and working with. I'm excited to meet everyone at the Tucson Community Food Bank and I hope that the work God has brought me for is as beneficial to the people I will be helping as it will be to me. I pray that He will bring me closer to Him and that my friends and family will be able to tell when I return to them when it's all over.

Here's to hoping. God give me peace and help me to be more like You. To do what You have called me to do and live in the moment. Please help me to be a light to those around me and all that I interact with. Time to pack up and board the plane. Farewell to my stint as a nomad, hello to 51 weeks as a missionary. It's a new season of life, new experiences, new people, new location. One thing will remain constant regardless of where I am or who I'm with: I'll continue to trust in Him, hanging on to His word, His promise. Fully reliant on Him.

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord. -Psalm 31:24

- run for life

No comments:

Post a Comment