This morning I got up and ran up Tumamoc Hill, there were so many people hiking it this morning. I was encouraged by the friendliness of those joining me in a morning bout of exercise. As I passed people walking, some of them cheered me on. It almost felt like I was running a race. I made it to the top! Afterward I ran back to the house and did the next day of my P90x workouts and read day 2 of The Purpose Driven Life with Nathan. Then we headed out to the lunch with our site placement supervisors. It was great getting to hear more about all of the places my fellow YAVs are going to. I feel like we can use the example of the strangers cheering me on up the hill. We can cheer each other on and support one another as we work throughout the year and carry on to the finish. When that day comes I hope to go on to the next adventure being able to say:As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. - 2 Timothy 4:6-7
- run for life
No comments:
Post a Comment