So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the WORD of Christ.

Romans 10:17

Friday, September 10, 2010

food

This morning we got up before 6AM and headed to the Cross Street Ministries at Southside Presbyterian Church. We made sandwiches and I served up beef that had been made into taco meat in tacos. Everyone was so polite and it was very orderly. It was a pleasure to help out and to think that the process has become so refined after so many years. I am so glad that there are people who take the time and effort to help others.

Afterward Meredith, Ali and I headed to the food bank and picked up some staple items like pasta, produce, crackers and they had brie! So I was very excited! (It's my favorite cheese.) We did so well, getting there and back from Southside (usually we leave from home so that's generally my base location I know directions from) with everything loading our bikes down. It was good times, food always makes people happy and this was no exception.

Nathan and I watched America's Got Talent (week 15) together and went through day 5 of The Purpose Driven Life. Soon we Tucson YAVs will be headed off to community dinner at Sitting Tree and heading to listen to a free poetry reading. All together it's made for a great day. :)

- run for life

No comments:

Post a Comment