So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the WORD of Christ.

Romans 10:17

Thursday, September 9, 2010

looking up


As I was running this morning, the mountains loomed off in the distance. There were many challenges ahead mentally, physically and spiritually. I looked up at the bright blue sky and glanced over my shoulder. More ominous mountains appeared behind me. The only place I could look to that didn't have these giant hurdles was up. Looking up at God and focusing on Him through all of our challenges and trials makes this much easier. He will help us through our struggles even when we feel most alone. It's difficult to be the only one who feels one way about something. I remember in middle school when our speaker at Buccaneer camp (at Westminster Woods church camp) told us that you + God = a majority... but what if there are 5 other people? Does God count as 5 + me to equal 6? God please help me to cling to You no matter what. Help me to focus on You and doing Your will. I need Your help to do that.
God gives us friends and family to get through the muck and struggles together. To climb the mountains with one another side by side. We're not alone. Even when we feel alone or are physically not in contact with other people, He is still there. His presence is overwhelming at times, I can't describe it. I thank God for the strength to speak up for myself. I thank God for giving others the ears to listen. Please help me God, I'm sure I will have many more mountains to climb. I know I can make it if I just keep my eyes on the prize and keep looking up to You. Some times that's just what we have to do. Throw off everything that hinders and run the race set before us.
Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead. I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind; and if you think differently about anything, this too God will reveal to you. Only hold fast to what we have attained. Philippians 3:12-16

- run for life
p.s. Worked the Santa Cruz Farmer's Market today. It was fun, live music right behind me and I got to push Asian pears (I made a handout about them earlier today). I wonder if Asian pear sales went up today since I was handing out samples. Well, here's the photo of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment