I know God didn't say life would be fair, but sometimes I wonder why certain things happen. When I think about those who loose loved ones, those with no home and those who are hungry, tears begin to well up in my eyes and I am no longer in control. I feel powerless. No matter how many people I try to help or feed, I feel like there are hundreds and thousands more just like them. I see Carl, an African American man who sleeps by one of the drinking fountains near the overpass on the bike way almost daily. I say "good morning Carl!" in the mornings and sometimes bring him a snack on my way home. For those who've lost the ones they love, I have no answers. I could say tons of cliche phrases or words, but I know only time and God can help to console them.
San Bruno's fires engulfed a neighborhood, one of those houses belonged to a friend. I can't imagine the pain she and her mother are going through right now. Her father, brother and grandmother are suddenly gone. I have only been able to pray as the tears run down my face. Tragedy. That's what they call it. The definition of "tragedy" is "a shocking or sad event; disaster." To put a label on it seems so cruel. Words cannot even begin to describe how people who were affected are feeling. Even those far away who knew people involved in this shocking event are affected.
How can one recover? What does recover even mean in circumstances such as this? To continue on and function "normally" in society? I feel like the appropriate "normal" response is to run and wail. To weep. I think Jesus is weeping with us all. Why do things like this happen to anyone? So many questions flit through my mind and words fail me. All I can do is pray and ask for God to be with everyone who doesn't deserve their world to be crumbling beneath them. For those that feel like they can barely stand on their own. I hope Lord, that You will provide consolation and comfort. That You will be their Rock that they can stand upon when they don't feel like they can do it on their own. That You will be their Saving Grace.
God, I pray.
- run for life
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
No comments:
Post a Comment