So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the WORD of Christ.

Romans 10:17

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

planting

Today I was picked up and brought to the farm 30 miles north of where I live. It was a beautiful day, the sky was slightly overcast making it perfect weather for working outdoors. I was excited. Often seed planting metaphors are used for spreading God's word and I saw the weeds choking some of the watermelon, the seeds picked up by birds (actually there was a rattle snake in the watermelon plants), the seeds scorched by the sun (I didn't see them, but I'm sure they exist out in the desert), and the ones that fell in good soil.

I hope to plant seeds this year. I hope to harvest once they grow. I know that it's easier to reap a harvest of actual plants, those are the ones I'm referring to in this case, but I also hope to spread His word and be a light to those around me.

Here are some pictures from this morning:
- run for life

No comments:

Post a Comment